Published and NCS resources available in Members' Area
Members of NCS, at any level, have access to a unique part of our Members' Area of the website, accessed by your own password. In this area you will find a series of folders:
- Your reports - we will upload any reports and notes that we produce with you and any which you ask us to comment on, as a back-up;
- Your plans & surveys - this will hold any action plans, benchmarking workbooks and survey information that we gather for you;
- Your monitoring data - this will hold files of environmental monitoring data and graphs, those that we gather for you and those you ask us to interpret;
- Your images - these will be images we capture at your site or of objects you ask us to view.
In addition to these bespoke folders, there are two others:
- Upper Heyford - all of the environmental graphs we produce from monitoring in our shelters at our Collaborative Storage Scheme site and pest monitoring data are published here and available whether you are storing with us or not;
- Standards & Templates - this folder contains many resources that you may find helpful, including blank policy templates, benchmarking, action planning and risk assessment templates, survey forms and publicly accessible publications such as the British Museum's Oddy tested materials, sorted for you into databases by material for ease of use.
The Standards & Templates folder also provides free online viewing access, by user, of many EN standards in the conservation sphere, including EN 16893 Specifications for Buildings etc, the new replacement for BS/PD5454 and PAS198. These are available through a multi-user license provided by another European standards agency, Estonian Standards, and are in English. These are the same content as you would get if you bought copies from BSI
We will continue to look for relevant resources and publish our procedural templates for all members to use as they wish. We hope you find the area useful.